It’s time to reveal our NCOTY Heat 1 Judges
It’s less than one week until the first of the National Chef of the Year semi-finals and this will take place in Sheffield on Tuesday 14th June. Looking down the big list of names in that semi-final you know it’s going to be one hotly contested heat and I’d like to wish all the chefs good luck.
As a committee we spend a great deal of time to ensure we have a truly prestigious judging panel at each stage of the competition. This semi-final is no exception.
Our judges will be looking to find one heat winner who goes straight through to the big final at The Restaurant Show in October. The other chefs in the heat will have to wait until the other semi-finals have taken place later this month to find out whether their score puts them in the top ten.
So it’s now time to reveal who our Heat One chefs will be cooking for:-
• Clare Smyth MBE
• David Mulcahy, Vice President of the Craft Guild of Chefs
• Steve Love, McCormick UK
• Steve Scuffell, Vice President of the Craft Guild of Chefs
• Lee Maycock, Chairman of the Craft Guild of Chefs
• Mick Burke, Sheffield City College
• Willie Pike M.B.E.
• Hrishikesh Desai, Gilpin Hotel and Lake House
• James Close, The Raby Hunt Restaurant
• Steve Love, Chef Consultant
• Neil Rippington, University College Birmingham
• Luke French, JÖRO Restaurant
• Steve Munkley, Vice President of the Craft Guild of Chefs
• Mark Sargeant , Rocksalt
• Kenny Atkinson, House of Tides
• Lisa Goodwin-Allen, Northcote Manor
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank our judges who all give up their time freely and really help make the competition as prestigious and special as it is. We will be sharing the winner as it’s announced on Twitter so make sure you are following @Craft_Guild and the hashtag #NCOTY for the result next Tuesday.