The Search for the UK’s Top Young Chef Talent is on!
Being crowned as Young National Chef of the Year is a highly sought after prize, but as well as going home with this prestigious accolade, the winner will also receive some incredible stagiaires and PR opportunities that will truly raise their profile in the industry. This year’s winner will be revealed alongside The National Chef of the Year on Wednesday 30th September, within the newly launch Hospitality Week.
The format of YNCOTY will remain a ‘by invitation only’ competition. Where the following, accredited professional chef associations will put forward their preferred candidate. By doing so, the organisers are confident they will find ten chefs who are at the top of their game and should be celebrated in the national spotlight.
- South West Young Chef of the Year
- The Master Chefs of Great Britain Young Chef of the Year
- Chaine des Rotisseurs Young Chef
- North West Chef of the Year
- Young Scottish Chef of the Year
- Young North East Chef of the Year
- Guernsey Young Chef of the Year
- Young Welsh Chef of the Year
- UK Skills runner up
- Craft Guild of Chefs Graduate Award
2020 Finalists Revealed!
- Edwin Kuk, junior sous chef, The Art School Restaurant, Liverpool
- Charlie Crote, junior sous chef, Allegra
- Ieuan Andrew Davies, chef de partie, Manor House
- Dervis Mustafa, demi chef de partie, Petrus
- Jamaar Semper-House, junior sous chef, Lucknam Park Hotel (Restaurant Hywel Jones)
- Harry Paynter-Roberts, commis chef, Moor Hall Restaurant with Rooms
- Rebecca Mary Jackson, junior sous chef, Leila Lily's
- Eden Allsworth, demi chef de partie, Cliveden Hotel
- Sagar Massey, sous chef, Mar Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa Resort
- Jacob Gosselin, demi chef, Longueville Manor Hotel and Restaurant
The criteria being announced end of June as to give our young finalists plenty of time to work hard in preparing for the competition with the support of the wider industry.